There are advantages to listing your home during the fall and winter months. Here are eight of them:
- There is less competition with less homes on the market, therefore, your home may sell for a higher price.
- Winter prospects are more serious buyers.
- You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects.
- Your home may look more enchanting during the holidays.
- Among the highest percentage of “homes sold to homes listed” occur during this time of year.
- Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays, especially during vacations.
- January is traditionally the biggest transfer month—a significant market to capture.
- By selling now you may be able to arrange a delayed closing or extend occupancy if that is desired.